Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Start of Something New

It's September in Colorado 2010 and I am beginning a new chapter in my life.  Tomorrow I will board an airplane bound for Salt Lake City where I will check-in for Flight Attendant School with SkyWest Airlines.


Several months ago I had become very unsure of my future with InfoMedia, and Joel Comm.  The economic recession was looking more like a DEPRESSION and I needed to make a change to ensure my families ability to survive the coming wave of Obamanomics.  I listened to a good friend who told me I should try my hand at sales, COMMISSION only sales.  Boy was that a mistake.  After whittling away for three months God opened my eyes that I was not to continue this line of work, so on July 30th I left the sales job, having nearly depleted my families savings.

I didn't want to jump into another dead-end job so I prayed for God to show me where I should concentrate my efforts.  Little known to me a friend had been put in my life this year who planted a seed from God.  Stan Friesen suggested to me one morning that I would make a great flight attendant.

I laughed and told him he was off his rocker, or smoking crack (neither of which is true).  After several days of prayer and seeking God's will for my life, my mind was drawn to the seed planted by Stan.  I considered the thought and began to really contemplate what a life of traveling might be like.  I called Stan up and asked some important questions after which I decided it was worth further investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment