Monday, September 13, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome Aboard Delta Connection Flight 4621....

It's travel day and already some interesting stories are happening all around me.  The first was boarding the plane.

After checking in I was assigned seat # 12B.  Since I love to be seated early on in the boarding process I went to my assigned seat and settled myself and began watching for other trainees to board and be settled in their seats.  Sure enough it wasn't long till I realized everyone in the exit row seats were my fellow trainees.   We had jusy begun introducing ourselves when a lady and her daughter walked up and said I was sitting in her seat. The AFT FA came up asked for our boarding passes.  When we both showed that we were assigned to the same seat the FA informed us she would investigate and get back to us.

Being a gentleman I allowed the two ladies to sit down and begin to get settled for the flight, while I walked back with the FA and waited to hear my fate.  You see I was so scared about how they would let new hires know they were dismissed my mind was already sprinting towards an early dismissal and a long wait for Karen to return to DIA and retrieve her once again unemployed spouse.  Much to my surprise the FA let me know I had been "upgraded" to First Class.

What a Relief!

I was now seated in 1D with a much needed bottle of water and pillow with blanket awaiting my weary mind.

That's when I recognized the young lady next to me from the interview day last month.  Becca and I both had a good laugh after I relayed the story.

Onward and upward! 

1 comment: