Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Corporate Ugliness Rears It's Ugly Head

Well it was bound to happen at some point, might as well get it out of the way.  The ugliness that is present in all corporations of any size has appeared in great force. This is not the first time I have experienced corporate mis-communication, but this one nearly cost me a day's sanity.

One the second day of training we were introduced to the "People" Division of the airline, they chose the name in order to take away the stigma associated with most HR departments (at least that's what they told us).  During their presentation they made a ginormous deal about the fact that our families would be enjoying our flying benefits before we even graduated from class.  Well they LIED!  I guess they can claim they didn't lie, but they did communicate an incorrect process.  I am paying the price for their failure.

You see, I followed their direction in turning in ALL required documents of legal persuasion to get my flight benefits started for my spouse, son and parents.  They said I wouldn't need to do anything else.  They would be processing the papers and those family members who qualified would be able to fly to see me on the last day off AND to my graduation ceremony 25 days after.

Today was the day the benefits should have been activated.  I was trying to book flights for Karen to come see me on Thursday, when I ran into a snag and had to call the Corporate Travel Center for assistance.  To make a long story short, they told me she would be unable to fly until 12- 14 days from when I added her electronically (which I did on a whim last Friday, which nobody ever mentioned to us).  I was devastated!

Karen is not so easily defeated.  She found a way to get here on her own and will be seeing me on Thursday morning, no thanks to corporate ugliness!

I LOVE MY BRIDE!  I will marry her again in a an instant!

Joshua 1:9 is a verse that a friend shared with tonight which I will claim from now on.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go

No comments:

Post a Comment