Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Integrity: Do I Have Any?

This week has been a tough one. 

In some sense it has been great to be home from Chicago, in my own bed every night, spending time with my precious wife and wonderful sons. On the other hand my integrity is being attacked.

I want to work!  Don't get me wrong, but I hate traveling to Chicago to sit on reserve and maybe get to fly 3 hours total in 4 days.  I know I have a responsibility to work as though Jesus is my earthly boss (study to show yourself approved, a workman after God).  If I chose to not return to Chicago, I may be able to get away with it (playing Reserve Roulette (not being within 2 hours of reporting for duty)) but it may cost me my good name in the end with the company.

I want to be a good example to my sons, my friends and my co-workers.  And I know that I can be. But this dilemma is testing my integrity to its limits.  I know what is right and my choice should be an easy one, but it is so hard to sit with no friends, family, finances in a foriegn city for four days.

Please Lord, help me to be the kind of Godly man you have set me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment