Friday, December 10, 2010

God is Good...

Having just begun this lifestyle change, that is being a flight attendant, I am always looking for ways to lighten my baggage. This week God truly blessed that endeavor.  He gave me a NEW laptop!

Let me back up a little..

Yesterday, I was in NoCo finishing a few days off when the doorbell rang and the UPS dropped a box on my doorstep.  I thought it was a package my son had told me might be delivered that day, being his new shoes.  However the package was addresses to me.  Now I haven't ordered anything from online stores in several months (mainly due to financial obligations) so I was surprised.  The box was not marked with a company label but did have a return address shippers info label. The name was a good friend friend of mine (or so I thought).  I opened the box thinking he may have sent me copies of his latest novels, wanting to get my feedback and possible positive reviews online.

To my astonishment it was not books, but a brand new laptop.  With very little paper instructions on the inside of the box other than "Open and Enjoy", I decided to call my friend first.  When I got him on the phone he denied sending me anything.  I was not forthcoming at first what exactly I received, but eventually let him in on the surprise boxed gift. He was laughing as hard as I was at this point.  I then realized the name on the outside of the box was misspelled from my friends (Bryan vs Brian).  He suggested I call the phone number printed on the label, so I did...

That Bryan was as confused as I was.  He had received several phone calls that day asking him the same thing, "how did I get this laptop?"

Funny isn't it...

God is good, all the time!

Long story shortened...http://facebook.com/chrome



When you go to this site, answer the survey and you may get to "test" a new Chrome OS laptop.

It weighs about 12 oz. and is sleek in design.  Has a great battery life ( I'm blogging while listening to streaming  Christmas  music and have 4 tabs open)  Have been doing all this for an hour and the battery is still at 80%.

I will be talking about this for months to come.

Thanks God!  You know just how to bless and reward the faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment